HE was great. I feel so lucky that someone suggested him to us. He is super cool. 7 feet tall- I am serious! Anyway, we both felt so good about seeing him, and he wants to see me every 2 weeks from here on out, just so we can get to know one another. He doesn't induce or do c-sections (unless he has to), encourages natural childbirth- but thinks epidurals are fine and good. Anyway- he seemed really passionate about what he does- and he is anglo-catholic, which just about made Josh giddy.
Sooo, all was well there, we then proceeded to tank me up full of fluids. I drank a large Sprite and a Large water in less than an hour, and not quite certain which end it was all going to come out first. It was really miserable.
But we made it back to the Ultrasound office, and the lady was STIll in a bad mood, and I was seriously feeling like I was going to throw up on her, and feel very HAPPY about it:) Anyway, she seemed to lighten up a bit as she did the ultrasound. The baby looked good, at least to our eyes- she said very little, except here's the head, here's a leg, etc....
So, the baby was evidently sleepy and cozy, legs all curled up and resting. She got a view from behind, where no MALE parts were seen- but she would not commit to a sex, since she didn't have a great view. Soooo, it looks like it may be a girl, but we don't know for sure, and she certainly was not going to waste her time trying to find out.
We did get a little 4-d view of the baby, and if you can tell in the above photo, the Elliott cheeks live on. I loved seeing that picture, so the painful morning was all worth it!
The baby weighed 14 ounces, and due date moved up to Dec 12.
Soooo, Tulsa has an ultrasound clinic where you can pay to have a gender ultrasound. It's like 45 dollars, so we're going to have that done soon. I really want to know for sure- and would like a better experience.
I did tell my nurse that the ultra sound lady was a bit sassy, and she said she hears that a lot. She isn't hired by my OB, so not much they can do about it, but seriously- this lady was little too much.
6 comments :
Too bad you couldn't find out, but great that everything looks good. I think they must have a meanness requirement for people to become ultrasound technicians, because I've only met one who was nice so far (out of at least four).
I am sorry you had to go through all that... I bet to see your little one made it all worth it!! I love those cheeks! Hope you have a great weekend!
It took me a minute to focus and then I saw them - the cheeks!! Precious!! For me ultrasound time is very exciting but miserable all at the same time. How can they expect pregnant women to sit around with a full bladder and then get pressed on by the ultrasound wand!! I ran to the bathroom after my last ultrasound with Sydney Kate! They are lucky there haven't been more accidents on those tables. It sounds like your lady deserves a few accidents!!
He/she is absolutely precious : )
What adorable cheeks! Kate was also a leg crosser, so I understand about that! So neat to see the baby, so hard to not be sure about the sex.
Bummer of an experience with the ultrasound lady. Perhaps you can watch Juno (or rewatch it) and get some vicarious pay back to the ultrasound lady via Juno's stepmother in the ultrasound scene :) though she was mad for diffrent reasons. Alas, I suppose we aren't even meant to pay back vicariously.
I also like that Josh got excited about the anglo-catholic doctor. I can see him doing that.
Blessings.
Post a Comment