I have tried to write this past week, but everything I have written down has seemed so sad and dreary- and well, I tend to be a melancholy, yet hopeful person- but the hope was so hard to find last week, and well, no words seemed true, despite how real it all felt.
With that said- nothing has really changed, but I feel more hopeful today, and I am thankful that my spirits have lifted.
Yesterday, as I was driving around, I was praying to God- and just said, I need something supernatural to happen today. Something to let me know that God was here, with me, in Tulsa. I learned this from Anne Lamott, who has these amazing stories about these kind of things, and I just felt like- I want to believe that, too, so I prayed, and asked- for something. I didn't really care what, I just needed something.
Last evening, I received two emails from two dear friends. One, telling me that she was planning a trip with another friend to see me this Fall, and the other sending her thoughts and prayers my way.
I really do have the best friends.
So, that's that. I also worked with a very rude surgeon today and it somehow did not break my spirit. He was such an ass, and I mean that in the kindest way, and it was nothing short of the grace of God that I did not break down crying- which he would have loved, I have a feeling. I also decided today to work an extra day a week, which is also totally bizarre and contrary to the way I have been feeling- but I think keeping busy is helpful- work is good, even if its hard work.
In other news- This Friday, I will be 25 weeks. 15 weeks to go- that just sounds insane! Annie kicks a lot, stronger and stronger- and she must still have a good bit of room in there, as I feel her all over the place.
That's all, folks. Some of my family arrives this weekend- can't wait. Lots of laughs and comfort are on there way.
1 comment :
Hey Brooke - thanks for sharing your heart. You and I are similar in our melancholiness:) Moving and change can be so hard - I have been praying for you as you and Josh try to adjust to a new place and as you wait for it to feel like home. I hope that the visit from your family does wonders for your heart this weekend.
Post a Comment