peace and quiet

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Whew- I opened a can of worms on that last post, huh? At any rate, it's conversation I have avoided for a long time, and I think the moral of the story is that we have choices, and that is a beautiful thing.

And for the record, I woke up with the worst back spasm of my life last nite, and the first thing that came to my mind was- well, that about seals the deal for me on the epidural issue. I could barely handle a back spasm.

That's all I am going to say about that for now. I'll let you in know in 17-18 weeks how it all went down:)


So today, I have a long list of things that need to be done, but I am just yearning for some peace and quiet. I have a lot on my mind.

I feel like I am in somewhat of a predicament with my job/career path. Given that I am having a baby in 4 or so months, I am not really in the position to really explore some other options- new directions. At the same time, I am in the nitty gritty phase of learning a new job right now, and my heart just isn't in it. It's only been 3 weeks, but there are days when I seriously just want to be a barista at Starbucks for awhile.

What I want to do is my photography- and that was going so well in Birmingham. I had lots of work, and more work coming. And here, I am just starting and it's a challenge. Google is helping- I am getting a few calls every week- but it just takes time, you know. time. time. time.

So, here's to patience and letting things fall where they may.

3 comments :

Whitney said...

I am commenting from my new iphone!!!! Dang...soooo cool!

Corrie said...

Brooke,

If you really want some entertainment, post about your intentions regarding scheduling versus demand feeding and attachment parenting versus crying it out. Then sit back and watch the fun!

susan said...

Oh, Brooke, you totally SHOULD post about attachment parenting vs the Babywise stuff. I am so confused about all of that. I want to simultaneously sleep with Carrie and let her cry. Everyone is SO passionate about their own beliefs that I have a hard time coming to any decision about anything. Both sides claim you do permanent damage to your baby if you follow the other side's advice.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground