sick

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I am asking for some prayer today. I was really, really sick this morning. The kind of sick that lands a pregnant woman in the E.R. if she doesn't get better. This pregnancy seems to follow no rules at all. I have been feeling decent for at least a portion of the day for several weeks. In fact, on our drive out to Tulsa- I was great. I felt great the entire day. But since then, I can't seem to find the right things to eat or drink. I cannot drink juice of any kind. Water doesn't sit  all that well, either. It's awful, but a coke has been one of the more soothing things. Guess baby likes the fizz and high fructose corn syrup. just dandy.

Anyway, this morning I was finally able to get a zofran down and piled all the pillows I could up on the bed and somehow fell asleep sitting straight up. I slept a good two hours and woke up to Kelly Rippa running around in high heels. You would have to watch the show today to even know what I am talking about, but in my sick induced coma, it all seemed quite strange. Supposedly they are having some kind of race tomorrow where people are running in high heels for the march of dimes. how painful is that? Anyway, this wasn't supposed to be about Regis and Kelly.

back to me:)

It seems that the drama has passed for now. Josh went and got me some breakfast and I was able to eat a good bit of it- though with trepidation. Anyway, I would appreciate your prayers as I would really love to feel good and enjoy this time where Josh and I are free and not working. And we have a big weekend ahead with the house closing and shooting a wedding, etc... I need to feel well, and I need to avoid the E.R.

Lord, have mercy.

4 comments :

Whitney said...

oh no!! definitely praying for you...

kristen said...

Praying for you!

I had to go to the ER once for dehydration during pregnancy, NOT FUN. I know what you are going through.

Carrie said...

I'm sorry Brooksie!!!!! I will be praying.... Hang in there :)

Jenn said...

Will this sickness please leave you alone!!! I'm praying my friend. Drink some gatorade - don't get dehydrated - no ER visits in Tulsa please!!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground