what a night. (it has a good ending)

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Last night I had my first girls night out here in Tulsa. My cousin-in-law invited me out to a movie and dinner with several women. It was fun and great to be around the ladies. Unfortunately, somewhere between after the movie and before the Mexican, I started feeling like the world was caving in. My head was hurting, and the whole pregnancy nausea started to creep in. I hung in there and tried to have good conversation. Everyone was gracious. I was mad. I just wanted to feel better and enjoy myself. sigh.

Well, as dinner concluded, I was feeling the end coming. I FLEW home, ran in the house, hugged the toilet off and on for 15 minutes until I felt like the drama was over. My body felt completely depleted. Josh got me into bed, after I managed to get down a zofran and two tylenol. He warmed up my "sock"- this is the only thing that sooths a pounding head. (a sock with rice in it, heated in the microwave. it's a life saver). 

So, as I was laying there just begging my mind to relax enough to fall asleep, what do you know. thug. A nice whopping thug. It was the baby, it's first good kick.

I have been feeling some subtle movements this week, but this was the real deal, and I was like seriously, right now, when I feel like I am going to die, me and this baby are going to have a "moment"? I smiled the best I could, and put my hand over it's little body and said softly, let's sleep. we did.

what a night.

8 comments :

susan said...

honestly, i can't wait to be pregnant again.

Anonymous said...

I loved feeling the baby kick. I'm glad the two of you got some sleep. I have this sneaking feeling that in 1 year you'll remember the kicks much more clearly than the kick-butt nausea.

I am so excited I get to see you soon.

Maria

Tirzah said...

I cant wait to see you three too, I loved the kicking but not the hickups.

Corrie said...

We are praying for you! I'm really excited that you felt the baby kick--before you know it, those little kicks will become big kicks that poke out your stomach so even Josh can see.

Suzanne Owen Jones said...

can't believe your still sick. check out fb, i sent you a "flair" of vulcan's ass. i thought you might miss seeing it. we miss you bunches.
yeah!! baby jared for a hard kick, and at least you know your horomones are in full swing creating this baby. pregnancy is for the birds, but it is worth it... i keep reminding myself.

Whitney said...

yeah for a good solid kick! that is so exciting!

i vote boy.

Anonymous said...

glad you are able to connect so soon with people, and hopefully, soon-to-be-friends...

Anonymous said...

Brooke, I'm so excited for you. I loved feeling him kick. What a magical moment, especially after such a bad day. Miss you lots and lots.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground