Josh and I finally cooked our first meal here, well maybe our 2nd, but it was our first fancy meal. We grilled a steak, made baked potatoes and corn on the cob. It was fabulous.
We made it to a church today. The folks were really nice, but it was different and I was both underwhelmed and overwhelmed all at the same time. I tend to take in the whole room when I enter a space, and so of course I was thinking- will we end up here? will these faces be familiar some day? At the same time I was kind of pessimistic. This was not a "brooke" kind of place. But maybe I don't really know what that is anymore, and maybe that's okay. I am really not sure how to approach beauty and worship. I feel like a part of our worship should reflect actual, created beauty- because as image bearers- we long to create and make beauty. When I am in a place that does not seem beautiful, I feel lost somewhat, like we've missed something. I think it matters, I just don't know how much.
And there is the whole thing about the church being the people and not a building- but again, we inhabit places- and I think that space matters. So, these things were going through my mind today as I sat in a place so different from the last two churches I have been in.
And I have been reading Madeleine Le'engle- and she has a lot to say about art and beauty. So, these things are on the brain lately.
1 comment :
I love all of these mini updates! Keep them coming! I have been praying for you and I love your house! It's beautiful!
Shouldn't you be finding out soon whether you will be buying blue or pink? I can't wait to know!
I have used a lot of exclamation points in this comment. So think it's time to go.
love.
Post a Comment