settling in.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's been a good week in our new home. Josh and I both have felt some new found freedom and motivation that had been lacking for awhile. It's good. It really is.

Josh's newest thing is his ongoing preparations for our garden next year. He has the composter all set set up and already we are creating ROT that will make our garden grow. It's been a great project for him ( and me ). It feels good to not throw food away. Almost everything we eat can be used in the compost. I have never seen someone so excited to see food rot, but hey- whatever works. 

Tulsa also has a great recycling program. That has also felt good- to get back in the habit of green-er living. 

I had my first visit with the nurse today. I'll meet with the OB in two weeks. I got to hear the little heart beat again which was great. I was measuring small-ish @ 16. I am 18 weeks and a few days. She didn't seem concerned- she said as long as it stays within two weeks. We'll have the big ultrasound Aug 1- where the measurements will be more accurate and we'll have a better idea of where we are in the grand scheme of things. AND, we will find out if the baby is a he or she. Any bets???

I loved this office so much. When the nurse was listening to the heartbeat- she just paused and said... "I love that sound". I do too. It felt good to not be a number.

And I think I am feeling little movements. It's so subtle, so it is hard to tell.

And who started watching Felicity again last nite? that's right. me. Kicking it old school. I even have Josh hooked. 






4 comments :

Suzanne Owen Jones said...

A BOY! but you know I think that. Glad you got to hear little jared's heartbeat! I better be on the call list when you find out....and bham's recycling SUCKS!

Amanda said...

glad to hear you guys are getting settled in in tulsa! and that baby jared is doing well.

just finished senior year of felicity. that show is like crack cocaine.

Camille said...

I love that you love your nurse. What a great feeling.
Felicity reruns got me through the first 6 months of life with levi. I would plop in front of the TV and get lost in the Ben/Noel drama while feeding levi. It was perfect.

Leslie said...

Girl. Totally a girl.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground