here.

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

We're here. We are kind of unpacked, in places. I am ready to feel settled, but that will take some time. My friend Carrie made the trip with us, and she has been AWESOME. I think Josh and I would have felt so disoriented, that we would have just collapsed mentally by now. But instead we've had Carrie to help ease the stress, make us laugh, help me decorate and run errands. It's been incredible, really.

I love our neighborhood. People are out walking at night, which is something I have not been able to do for three years. It's close to so much. We ran several errands yesterday, and  everything was within 5 miles with little traffic. I also found a McAllisters- which means alot to me because of my love affair with sweet tea. 

I am started to feel that pit in my stomach of being here with so few people to know at this point. I think when Carrie leaves, the tears will surely come. Thankfully, we'll be back in Birmingham next week, I'll get to see people one last time (not last, last)- but you know.

And- I just love Skype. I have always been able to video chat with my mac friends, but I was able to do that with my sister last nite- and it's just such a comfort to see a face and not feel like they are 700 miles away.

That's it for now. I'll post pictures when the house becomes livable.


1 comment :

Suzanne Owen Jones said...

i am jealous of your neighborhood. post a pic of your house!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground