Josh and I have so much to look forward to this year, and I am eager to begin this new season. But I am deeply sad to leave my friends, my family. Who will be my Jones's? Who will love us like them, and invite us into their home, and sit on their porch. Who will be my Cassia and Joy? My book loving, dancing sisters? Who will be my community group- who welcomed us in, prayed for us, gave us their friendship. And Carrie and Whitney- who will walk with me, and eat Mexican on Fridays? So many spaces to fill. This will not be easy.
But, what I know is this-
I have left a place before, and there have always been people waiting. Waiting to love and give me the mercy of friendship. It's always hard to believe it will happen- but it will. I hope that I will be able to offer the same.
Thanks Birmingham- for being home to us for these three years. We shall miss you, in our own little way.
keep in touch!!!
2 comments :
such an encouragement me to me, brooke, as i also anticipate a move in the next few months...and the dreaded starting over.
thanks for the perspective.
am praying....
My heart is so sad, Brooksie.
Tulsa is getting so much, so much.
Joy
Post a Comment