heavy heart

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Someone I don't know very well died yesterday. He was one of those people who knew almost everyone I was close to, but for whatever reason our paths rarely crossed- which was most definitely to my loss. The words I have read about him today have made me feel deep sorrow. Sorrow for death. Sorrow for a wife who lost her best friend. Sorrow for the utter shock that death brings- Sorrow that leaves no words. Sorrow that leaves tears that can only we wiped away by heaven.

I have been so stone cold lately. so cold with fear and worst case scenarios. I found out this news yesterday just minutes before I went to see our baby. I think I was so overwhelmed, that I just couldn't take it all in. life and death. beauty and sorrow. 

sometimes life just aches. today is one of those days.



1 comment :

The Guthries said...

Hey Brooke,
I know what you mean about thinking worst-case scenarios. I'm not even pregnant, and my mind wanders that way at times. If you don't think it's too nosy asking, who passed away? When someone I know dies, or even someone I don't know dies, it reminds me that death was never meant to be. God never intended it. Somehow it's comforting knowing it was never his intention for us to feel that kind of pain.
So glad to see your pregnancy is going well. I think of you often and ask Carrie about you.
Jaime Bennett Guthrie

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground