let the packing begin...

Saturday, June 14, 2008

We started the ominous process of packing this week. I do not like packing at all. It reveals WAY too much. How much crap we have for one. Oh well, it has to be done.

I generally like Summer a lot, especially early Summer. I love the water and warm breezes. Cold drinks. I think I am starting to feel a bit of the craziness that comes with feeling bad for 9 straight weeks. I really, really need and want to feel better. I hear it's coming. I am trying to believe it! I really to have a healthy respect for those who fight illness on a daily basis. It really reveals a part of our existence that was not meant to be. Seems like a dominant theme this week- death, sickness, loss. This week was not helped at all by the news that I heard this morning- the death of Tim Russert.  Sunday morning news is one my favorite things to watch- and I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Tim Russert. He was pretty much my number one informant on all things political. I liked the way he interviewed, and he seemed like a genuine man. I am sad, that he, too, was taken at such a young age.

Lot's of , "why, God?", this week.

The good news, is that I am going to the beach for a few days. My sweet friend Carrie has offered a bed at their house for part of this week, and even though I have SO much to do, I feel like this might be the one thing that puts some spring back into my step. So white, sandy beach, here I come- with my chair and hat, book and sunscreen.  I am white as a ghost, with a bulging belly to boot (and not the cute kind, yet)- and I don't even care. 

AND, one last thing, the dr. called back with the results from our screening. ALL looks good- which is wonderful news. Baby Jared is growing just fine and healthy.


No comments :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground