offline

Monday, June 16, 2008

I am unplugging for a few days.  reading. sitting. being.

"I've long since stopped feeling guilty about be-ing time; it's something we all need for our spiritual health, and often we don't take enough of it...When I am constantly running there is no time for being. When there is no time for being there is no time for listening. I will never understand the silent dying of the green pie-apple tree if I don't slow down and listen to what the Spirit is telling me, telling me of the death of trees, the death of planets, of people, and what all these deaths mean in light of love of the Creator who brought them all in to being; who  brought me into being; and you. The questioning of meaning of being, and dying, and being......is part of the deepest longing of the human psyche, a recurrant ache in the hearts of all God's creatures"

madeleine l'engle from Walking on Water


No comments :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground