disclaimer

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

it actually might get annoying to hear the play by play of my current pregnancy, so I apologize in advance if this blog becomes a total bore.  It might have already been a total bore, and that's okay too:)

Sooo, today was a success. very little nausea. how did this happen you might ask? I ate almost EVERY HOUR. Seriously, it was ridiculous. But it worked. If I keep doing that, things are not going to be pretty in the weight department. Thankfully (or not), I usually am not home all day and able to eat EVERY HOUR. Maybe God was having mercy on me, as yesterday was horrible. I actually threw up spontaneously twice. I mean, I know that is gross, but it was also funny. One time I was just walking to the laundry room, and there you go. That is just not right. not right at all.

I am also very embarrassed by the kind of things I am eating. Things that I have put in my past. Things like Kraft macaroni and cheese. Yep, breakfast, lunch, and dinner today. gross.

I actually bought Ramen noodles on purpose the other day, too. That was interesting.

Root Beer.  I have a new found love for root beer.

Hopefully my 2nd trimester will bring better nutrition. 








5 comments :

Tirzah said...

I love this- not the sick part for you but the eating stuff. Bo still claims that he knew I was prego with Jack when I came home with a jar of salted peanuts in my purse that I got on the way home from teaching. There is no norms for food here.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha! love it. it was the same with me - if i just kept eating, the nausea would go away. although i remember often standing in the middle of my kitchen, facing a fully stocked pantry, thinking, "None of this looks good at all!" and i'd have to make a run for Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies or something.

i'm so glad that you had some relief yesterday.

Melanie said...

I am so happy to hear that you are having a little one. I am really rejoicing. FYI-you might as well learn to love mac and cheese the little ones do. It will soon be a staple. Cheetos also rock the house and cereal when your prego. Basically any carbs that make you fat and ice cream do the trick. Being sick always made me feel like things were going okay. Perhaps, God is trying to let you know things are good.

Charlene said...

Hi Brooke! So good to see you in church yesterday. This post made me crack up, because my old boss Catherine ate the exact same way when she was pregnant, and after she moaned about it to her midwife, the lady was like, "It's ok, honey. That's what we call the White Trash Pregnancy Diet." She wrote about it here (it's a great pregnancy blog anyway, just in case you have time to kill in front of the computer): http://www.babycenter.com/0_bringing-up-ben-week-4-singing-the-first-trimester-blues_72575.bc

Charlene said...

Hmmm. That didn't work at all. I'm trying again!

http://www.babycenter.com/0_bringing-up-
ben-week-4-singing-the-first-trimester-
blues_72575.bc

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground