I am feeling less and less inclined to do nursing after the move. Granted, I have worked in one the most stressful work environments for the past ten years- heart surgery. And although I enjoy it, find it challenging, and am proud of the years I have logged there- I am also worn out, tired of stressful situations, long hours, getting called in the middle of the night, and so on. My temptation with nursing has always been the moo-la. I want to make money so I can have more money, because I think that brings me safety and acceptance.
And yet, the happiest, hands down, I have ever been was my time in St. Louis. When I had very little money, and we lived simple, happy lives. There is something to simplicity and the clutter it takes out of your lives. Now, I also know that NOT having money can be just as stressful. I know, I know. I am just saying, there are some things I can HAVE by HAVING less- peace of mind and clarity and time with people and family. I want this more. I was less distraction. I want the TV off and the windows open. I want the Beatles playing, and I want my mind to be engaged in things that bring life.
I have been craving this so much lately.
3 comments :
I have to say and Amen to that. Simplicity is where it's at.
Great seeing you this morning!
Hey, Brooke, how old is this little peanut that you're so busy growing? I'm curious. :)
I so want to live there everyday..."the windows open, the Beatles playing and being engaged in things that bring life". You are totally speaking to me and what brings me rest. I find myself totally unraveled when all I do is watch tv, sit at my computer, etc. There is something about the simplicity of life that calls me to rest. I wish I lived there more often...
Post a Comment