why i love josh

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

one of the reasons i love josh, is that you always get a little more than you bargained for. and it's usually funny- albeit a tad cynical...

a conversation from today- (a little background, I take photos of listings for  real estate agents for a little extra cash)

me: I had to drive really far out today in Alabaster to these townhouses. It was so random, you just drive by the hospital and go up this huge hill, and there you have townhomes. It seemed like a strange place for a plot of townhouses.

josh: well, brooke, that's what urban sprawl IS. random. They tear down a bunch a land, build 30 townhomes, turn 20 grand on each, and then name the place "quail run", because it used to be a place where QUAIL would RUN...until they bulldozed it.

me: laughing.  thinking, I should've seen that coming.

so many opinions, that josh. I love him, though. love him to pieces.

3 comments :

Kristi said...

That's hilarious - we lived in "Quail Run" for 20 years! It's a beautiful part of town!

Kristi

Katharine F. Bedsole said...

Now every time I pass a subdivision I check the name and then imagine it in that literal way "where quail run" (ran?). Ruined me forever with names of subdivisions but that is probably for the better. :) hello to josh and you from me and david.

Alyssa said...

This is Dan NOT Alyssa -

Josh and I used to mow where rabbits ran.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground