We drove in, and I immediately started decompensating:) It WAS lunch time, and I needed some food, but it was also incredibly overwhelming to drive into a place that will in a few short weeks be my home- and yet it is anything but right now. I am such a home base kind of person. I need a starting point, something to work from. In Birmingham, we had our church and the neighborhoods around it- here, everything is wide open. and strange, full of strangers. I wanted to cry, and yet wanted to dream big, hopeful dreams, too. But I am too tired, at least today.
We drove around a good bit today, and saw some neighborhoods. We marked some off the list, which felt good. Elimination is helpful in our case. Tomorrow I interview for a job, and I am not sure I can actually button the pants that I brought. The pooch, is pooching- although it looks less like pregnant pooch, and more like I ate one too many cheeseburgers:)
I know that things generally work out, and I am praying things will for us. Life feels so hypothetical right now. We're "moving" to Tulsa. We are "having a baby". We are "selling our house"- yet none of these things have actually happened, and I wonder to myself how it all will.
but it will. right?
3 comments :
It absolutely will and it will be stressful. And then, it will be very very good.
I agree.
brooke, you're awesome...just want you to know that! i absolutely love your candidness and honesty!
and by the way, i have a 32rd year-old pooch (which i blame on genetics and getting older...although it is probably more likely that it is due to one too many cookies and too little ab work) and i'm not pregnant.
jb
Post a Comment