10 weeks

Monday, May 19, 2008

I made it to 10 weeks!  I had my first prenatal/OB visit today, and it went very well. We saw the baby again (4th ultrasound) and heard it's robust heartbeat for the first time. That was a beautiful sound, though the ultrasound tech was having a hard time recording it because the baby was jumping around so much. It's a pretty amazing thing to watch the baby grow so much from week to week. We've been spoiled with the ultrasounds so far, I am so thankful.

I am feeling somewhat better during the day, though at night it all comes back with a vengeance. 

That's okay, though. I take my breaks where I can get them.

Other than that, things finally slow down this week. I have been doing lots of photography, which has been fun, but I am ready for a little break...

Next week, we plan on being in Tulsa, scouting out the place. I hope it will be more fun than overwhelming. I am more nervous about the car ride than anything- pregnant plus sick plus 10 hours of driving equals....not good.

sigh upon sigh.

Soooo. I need a good book and some good music. Bring on the suggestions!!!!






7 comments :

cagedwisdom said...

Music: Soundtrack to Once by the Swell Season. You might know them already but Leslie and I saw them at the Paegant and they were phenomenal.

Books: ( I read fiction last week because I could) "I love you Beth Cooper" by Larry Doyle. It's about a kid who takes his valedictorian speech to declare his love for the head cheerleader. I found it hilarious.

Do we get to see you when you drive through?

kevin

Anonymous said...

some music choice of late.
katie herzig.
william fitzsimmons.
joseph arthur.

praying for you on your journeys...

Anonymous said...

I'm so with you. We just returned from a kayaking trip with 8 other folks, and I'm 6.5 weeks along. I had to be crazy to think that it would be fun to be on ferries and in a kayak on the rolling waves when morning (all day long) sickness is my main focus these days. You'll be in my prayers for sure!

(I found your blog through Alyssa's blog, and have been reading for awhile now, though I've never commented. Alyssa and I were in a Bible study together with our friend Ellie years ago. Now I live in Canada.)

Sara

Tirzah said...

I really like Gilead- The Golden Planes for summer music.

Elisa M said...

ditto on the Once Soundtrack. Also, Ray Lamontagne and Rufus Wainwright.

Books-Belong to Me, Farewell my Subaru, Hannah Coulter

Good Luck!

intucston said...

Okay, first of all, I am just having the best time reading your accounts of your pregnancy with its milestones.

Well, I really don't have good books or music suggestions at the moment except for Mark O'Connor (amazing American folk fiddle player) who I've really been enjoying lately and (book) Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver - an interesting read regarding food and our approach to getting it.

Amanda said...

music: missy higgins, brett dennen

book: bird by bird, by anne lamott. it's a book about writing, but its very entertaining.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground