36. new year.

Sunday, January 01, 2012

providence would have that I start my new year, at a new age, which is kind of nice.

last year, we were introduced to the sweetest little girl, our baby girl amelia. I can tell my heart had come a long way when I held amelia for the first time. The fear had subsided- that trepidation I had with Annie. I was able to melt easily into this little newborn sweetness. It was a profound experience to have my heart multiply with love for another human being- it seemed impossible, and yet it was so easy. Crazy to think that God loves us that way, with each new creation, he loves again, again. and again.

last year also introduced me to life with 2 young children, which was deeply challenging. Life with one is an adjustment, but life with 2 is a death in many ways. There was always a need before me, and mine generally went unnoticed. This taught me much of God's sacrificial love, that it is in his very nature to love us this way. He doesn't do with the burden of a sinful heart- but out of his very essence.

The end of the year brought a major fight between Josh and I, that has proved to be completely worth it:) I bought a spin bike in October,  and have been training on it for about 10 weeks, at least 5 days a week. This has been amazing for my sense of well being and overall health. Working fitness into life with children has been really difficult for me, but with this bike, I can hop on, start my heart rate monitor, and burn over 400 calories in 30 minutes. I make music mixes using my spotify account and pretty much have my own little solo spin class every day!

And then of course, Josh's tumor was our little icing on the cake for end of the year. This was a scary week for us, after the news, and we are just so thankful for the good results. I was really at the end of myself for that week, filled with much fear and sadness. Just so glad it's over. Josh is doing great, and life is getting back to its crazy self. (although the crazy never really left!)

So, here we are in 2012. The first day of the new year. I'm about to hop on that bike, and get the munchkins ready for Mass. Yes, we are still on THAT path, too. It's a slow one, and one I still am treading on with caution, but I am thankful to go sit in God's presence this morning, and offer my doubts, my heart to the one who handle it.

thanks for reading this blog, kind readers. Who knew I would end up writing on this thing for 8 years?

happy. new. year.


1 comment :

Corrie said...

I think I need you to tell me about Spotify. I am so not a techie.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground