learning what works.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

I am sitting at my computer, while my kids are playing together. Is this happening?

It is.  And it's mostly because I laid down my agenda. I don't say that to brag. I didn't do it happily.

I did it, because my agenda kept failing. It kept voices louder and angrier.

It just wasn't working.

So, every morning I race to drink my coffee, and end up irritated because the kids are hungry. Gah, seriously?

Then I force Amelia to take a nap so I can get my workout in. This involves 20 minutes of screaming, me being frustrated, etc..

Then I hop in the bike, and Annie has to  potty. or needs a new tv show. or wants a snack. and then she starts yelling. wakes sister up.

I'm angry.

Then I have about 25 minutes to get dressed, packed up, and get to whatever event we are headed to.

I am totally defeated, and it's only 9:30.

So, yesterday, I surrendered.

Today, I fed everyone, and THEN drank my coffee.

win.

Then I decided that the exercise will come later. I don't know when, but it will be later.

So instead, the girls are playing. giggling. noone is yelling.

win.

I hear Amelia getting sleepy. So now she will sleep, and I will  take my time getting ready.

win.

so far, noone has been yelled at. I am at peace.

and there you go.

I am a slow learner.

1 comment :

littlestreetfighter's Mom said...

this is so good Brooke. I often find that MY agenda is what leads to ALL the frustration!

jd

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground