better late than never: just write.

Thursday, January 05, 2012

*written in linkage with just write

I should start this off by saying I just ate like half of a chocolate chip bundt cake to compensate for the bedtime madness I just endured. It was epic.

I should also share that Annie is 85% potty trained. I don't reward her the entire 100% because I occasionally put her in a pull-up to avoid situations I don't feel like dealing with, and so she of course enjoys the convenience. so whatever, that's how we roll.

I read my first parenting book- it was about sleep. I was actually impressed. with myself and the book. I am not sure we can pull it off- but I am glad to have the knowledge stored away, and hopefully we'll figure out some happy medium.

or hopefully the almost one year old will start taking a decent nap. and stop waking up at nite. and all that stuff.

So, we are on the Catholic path, and it's been really good and renewing. With that said, the #1 thing all my protestant people get freaked about is MARY. MARY!!!! Don't worship her!!!! yikes! 

So, no fear, this isn't happening. but I do have a funny story.

There is statue of Mary holding baby "jejus" on the way to Annie's church class. So , Annie LOVES Mary, all of sudden. Totally taken with her.

Well, the next day, I got to be "mary's" sit in. All Day, I was MARY. I was never momma. Annie stayed in character ALL DAY LONG. Even as she closed her eyes to go to sleep, Annie said. "night, night Mary".

And Millie was santa. go figure.

So, the stories are starting, which is exciting for me. To tell this crazy beautiful story of redemption to my little girl. And, I for one, am glad she is taken with Mary. I mean, this is the Mother of God for crying out loud. This humble teenage girl, of no social merit, was given a seat of honor in the grand story of redemption. I think her story is worth knowing, and celebrating.

so, yeah, Mary isn't such a bad thing for Annie to want me to be. I could only hope that I have an ounce of her humility.

and there you go.

I just wrote.

No comments :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground