in the trenches.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Friday night, I woke up with a stomach ache. The kind where you know it doesn't end well. I fought it off for the night, but surrendered in the morning. The rest of the day was a phenergan induced haze.

kind of.

Annie had succumbed to the same bug as me. She was feverish and listless.

I knew, it was only a matter of time before.

we. all. fell. down.

And we have, one by one. Last night, sweet Millie moaned all night, that little tummy of hers giving fits.

Josh came home today. the last man standing. but not anymore.

I feel tired. like we are in trenches. And yet I know deeply that we are lucky. that it will pass.

I used to dream about shaping the minds and hearts of my young babes.

but honestly, most days it feels like management. We are moving from one meal, to one potty, to another activity. throw a time-out in there and some serious mommy frustration. Is it bed time yet?

but then it IS bedtime, and annie looks at me as we "rock, rock"..

"mommy, I had a good day with you."

sigh.

me too, girl. me, too.

1 comment :

Robyn Herring said...

I feel the same way. I'm sure a lot of moms do. But I have to remember that amidst the "management" we are shaping their minds and hearts. {And so I pray for patience!}

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground