written in participation with "just write"- mash HERE.
I don't even know what that title means, but it's a free writing exercise, and that's what life feels like most days.
like the well, just might run dry.
but then sleep churns up water from the deep, and it's 6am, coffee cup in hand.
I'm awake. alive. breathing.
I dropped Annie off at school this morning, and the little one and I went shopping.
I avoided every mirror that I could, because I had no make-up on. I thought I was pulling off that "messy- cute" look, but one glance in the mirror at the GAP, and well- I was starting to feel more afraid that I might be ambushed for some mommy- makeover.
I thought for a few seconds that I might spend some money on looking trendy, but I don't really have enough money to pull that off.
I'll go classic.
classic always works, right?
I sure hope classic is three long sleeve t-shirts for 12.00 each, because, that's what I bought.
I then found my way over the jewelry section of Dillards.
I shall bling things up a bit, I thought. You know, dress those little t-shirts up.
I found some of those long droopy pearls- you know, the ones you can tie in a knot, or wrap around your head a few times.
I thought about it for a long time. decided I needed them, and then looked at the price tag.
68.00
what the hell?
I am clearly not grounded in fashion reality.
These are fake, right?
My mind immediately reminds me of why I always shop at Target.
My wells (and pockets) are too dry for all this fashion mumbo jumbo.
So I went home, put on some make-up, and played with my little person.
My wells may run dry, but that is ok.
they are (hopefully) making beautiful human beings.
my wells may run dry.
but my cup runneth over.
5 comments :
Brooke,
I am laughing so hard, I am about to wet my pants!! Every woman has felt all of these things, but your way with words entertains me:) I think you are awesome! love, Becky
That was lovely, Brooke. Glad you're doing this (just write).
I love this. A lot. Thank you.
This is lovely. That sums my day up, the well may run dry, but my cup runneth over. Thanks.
thanks everyone:)
Post a Comment