what a difference a week makes

Friday, November 25, 2011

 My house is so quiet right now I can hear the bubbles fizzing in my diet dr. pepper can. The kiddos are josh's parents until tomorrow. I've been helping Josh along at home, though I am happy to report to you that he is doing fantastic.

I still feel a bit stunned by the emotional drama of the past two weeks. It is not an easy thing to be given a list of possible scenarios, only one of which was desirable. I had moments where I thought things would be ok, but then- as I feel like I have mentioned, the air would just get knocked out of me. and then tears.

I know for certain that I was only held up (and Josh, too), by your prayers.

I wanted to share a little bit about Josh's surgeon. He is very good. I had worked with him some when I worked in surgery, and I knew that he was the one who needed to operate on Josh. He is not a warm and fuzzy guy, but he is kind enough, and professional, with a bearable ego.

The day after Josh's surgery, Dr. H went and spoke with Josh. (Josh was in too much pain the day before). He told Josh that he prayed before his surgery, and was blown away at how easy the tumor was to resect. He told Josh that the way his tumor presented and was able to be removed was "a blessing from God".

I appreciate that in a surgeon. He, and we, knew this could have been much different.

We have much to be thankful for. If you prayed for us, please know we are forever in your debt.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Brooke

1 comment :

Robyn Herring said...

Brooke -- we have certainly been praying for you guys. I can't imagine how emotional this has all been and I'm thrilled to hear things have gone so well. We'll keep praying for continued healing!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground