with Annie, it's drama. all day long.

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Screen shot 2011-10-05 at 1.18.04 PM

Annie doesn't do anything without drama and energy. This is beautiful and exhausting. We've reached a major whiney phase lately, and much drama at bedtime. Everything I read says to ignore the behavior. But I feel like my body gets sent out of orbit at every tantrum. I hit the wall last week- have I mentioned this already? I'll be honest, its  been difficult to stare the day in the face some mornings. I just feel frustrated, trying every way to make this season easier. I come up short, daily. I sin. I raise my voice. I spank with too much anger in my heart.

No mother of the year award for me.

I wish I was better at this, but I am not. I am actually a lot like Annie, which should be make me more compassionate, more patient, more motherly.

so anyway, sometimes all you can do is paint and let the drama unfold on paper.

and there you have it.

1 comment :

The Davis Family said...

I just went through that same thing with my girls, the whining drove us CRAZY! Have you heard of Magic One two three? so great. and we also did a "settle down" not a time out. Settle down is when the whiney crying gets too much and i say, "go to your room until you can calm down. then you can rejoin the family" worked for us. They say, "i done mama" and are pleasant. (for a little while!) :) hope it helps.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground