wig

Thursday, October 27, 2011


Well, I have scoured the internets, and this is what I have come up with:) Let me just tell you, little girl wigs pretty much look awful.  This one is really cute, though. Don't you think? There are way more custom, expensive options out there, but that's not really something we are looking at right now, since we just want this to be a fun thing. If it's something we see she really wants and desires, then we will cross that bridge- but this going to be more in the hat category. If you want to wear it, great! If you don't, even better! 

Let me just tell you, having a bald little girl was not on my radar when I wanted kids. It never even crossed my mind. Josh and I were talking the other night- how we had not created a lot of space to be sad about it together (or even a part). I don't know, there is a warrior buried inside mamas that comes out to fight when then things go the wrong way. I have plenty of sadness about this buried deep. There is not one day that I don't think about this. multiple times a day. 

But I just keep thinking. I need to fight for her. Help her navigate this part of her identity.

One thing, I know. She is beautiful. Inside and out.

Hair never made her either of these things.



5 comments :

susan said...

I think you're doing beautiful artful work shepherding the soul of your little girl.

Brooke Jared said...

thank you, susan.

Susan said...

I agree. It's something to mourn and it's also not something to mourn, you know? She is so awesome.

Also, yes, i think that wig is very cute. And if you ever need pointers on the expensive options, I'll be glad to give you some.

-Sus

Brooke Jared said...

I would love some! I have no idea- the internets are very overwhelming! cyber hair? that sounds scary. The Vacuum systems seem to be the way to go. I Feel pretty anti- anything that needs tape or adhesive. sigh. so yes, totally, let me know anything you know!!!

Jenn said...

Love the wig - it is very cute. I think grieving is part of the struggle with hard things - things we don't understand. The only positive thing I've experienced in grieving/mourning is its ability to pull me back from my self pity and point me to Christ. love you brooke and yes Annie is beautiful with or without hair and I love that you are making it optional of wearing hair or not wearing it - such as a hat day in our world.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground