it's hard to become you. Sometimes I look at Annie, and I think- that's it. This is the age when we are truly "us". She is almost completely un-self aware. She is comfortable in her own skin. She doesn't know the world is looking at her yet. She doesn't care, even if they are. She is happy, unabashedly so. And when she is sad, she is unabashedly so. When she loves, she loves fully.
the kingdom belongs to such as these.
I am almost 36, and I would give anything to be back to that place. The place where I don't care so much about what you or anyone else thinks. The place where the world is mine to gaze and find wonder in. Where people are there to love and be loved. Where God is a gift, a grace, and my relationship with him is not dependent upon what great theologians I know about or read or quote. What camp I reside in on any given day.
We don't know much about heaven, but we do know it involves a feast. I don't know if it will be sugar free or paleo or gluten free. I don't think we'll care. I think we will feel safe. relieved. loved. I am not sure I am even know what worship is, but I think we'll be doing that.
I am almost 36 and I am praying to become more like my child.
the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.
No comments :
Post a Comment