In some ways this was an easy decision, and in other ways it has been one of the hardest things we have done. Birmingham hasn't exactly been a joy ride, but we've experienced plenty of God's mercy and lesson upon lesson. We would never take it back.
The hardest part, for sure, will be saying goodbye to some dear, dear friends. Not to mention, leaving my sister and brother in law and my niece, as well as my family, just a short drive away. It has been such a sweet time in our family this last year, which everyone being so near. It breaks my heart to think I will be so far away.
BUT, it's not that FAR. A 10 hour drive, and well, anywhere you can get to in a day isn't so bad, right?
We'll be here through mid-summer, I assume. I literally can not feel my legs from all the cleaning and getting our house ready for the market. I love this house so much. so sad.
I thought I would have more to say, but I still feel kind of speechless.
So, there are some pictures below since you may know someone who would like to live here someday....






9 comments :
The house looks great! I must tell you that I am quite sad :( I am very happy that God has provided a wonderful job for Josh, and I know you are only a plane ride away!!! I just hate the thought of you guys leaving! you will truly be missed!!!!
oh Brooke, i've been kinda speechless myself. i'm happy for Josh, and you, but we will miss you guys so. very. much.
the house looks splendid!
Les and I would gladly move in, can we bring that place to U-city, maybe on Amherst?
Brave - that's all I can say. Josh - I've wanted this for you and am happy for ya. I'll be wishing you good goodbyes to your B'ham crew.
Congratulations and bittersweet goodbyes. Praying for your move, transition away and to.
k bedsole
what a beautiful, loving house you have. I would love to buy it, were we moving to Birmingham. I would love to live in your house. I can't believe you're moving to Oklahoma. Wow. You'll be a bit closer to StL, now, won't you? Your home is just so beautiful. I cannot express that enough. What were the colors that you chose for the outside of your house? We are going to paint ours this summer and I really like the contrast of the black and the green/brown, is it?
I'm sad to see you go. And I understand about getting the house ready. <3
oh my word ... you house is stunning. can i live there one day?
sad to hear that you guys are leaving. you will be sorely missed.
Well, for us, you are coming closer to a drivable distance so we can MEET you and see Josh again next time we are stateside. To us, it can only be good news : )
Jessica
Post a Comment