thoughts and meanderings

Monday, March 31, 2008

Josh commented tonite about how peaceful the past few days have been. The cloudy days, not knowing if it's cool or warm, and sometimes both within minutes. The birds and their little songs that let me know it's 6 am, or earlier. thank you, dear birds, for making sure I don't overindulge on sleep.

The word is slowly getting out, about the move. I've been getting a lot of funny looks when I say "TULSA". The kind of looks that say, I think I need a map. Or do yo like to ride horses? Or, did you know about all the TORNADOS?

Honestly, I don't know what to think, either. It's a city, so I imagine it will feel in some ways very similar to here. The accents will be different. The landscape, different. But people are people, you know, and I've met people at every stage, city, season, whatever- that I could not imagine NOT knowing.

I have done this 3 times, now. Three times I will have shown up at a place, and known 2 or 3 people, and been scared to death. All three times, it's always the same. People show up, and your life changes.

And if, by some strange providence, someone knows someone in TULSA- feel free to send them my way...



7 comments :

cagedwisdom said...

If you have never met the Knors you might want to. John Knor is the RUF campus minister there in Tulsa and he is my favorite campus minister that i have met so far. Just a good humble servant and his family is the same. He also shares the facial hair of Josh as well as stature. I think John might have an inch on Josh but not by much. I always delight in seeing the knors each year at summer conference. look forward to you passing through St. louis- kevin

Katharine F. Bedsole said...

your description of moving sounds so familiar. it is that way. it does work out and it still seems very scary and surreal at times.

i know some people in oklahoma city but not tulsa. if we discover anyone we will send them to you.

Elisa M said...

I love moving. All of the reasons that people normally hate it, i.e finding your way around a new city, new neighbors, new grocery store, new coffee shop, new job...I love them all. You feel BRAVE.
So be brave! Tulsa is lucky to get you guys.

Anonymous said...

kev- thanks for the tip.
katharine- i know you understand. how are yall these days???
elisa- I love moving, too. it's just the getting there and the saying goodbye. but i look forward to exploring, and finding my new places. thanks for being so kind!

The Shulls said...

Hey! I think Wed. is perfect for us. How about at 7:00 next Wed. 9th?

Let me know if you all can make it!

Mohana

The Shulls said...

Yes!!!!!! everything is great for tonight. We'll see you here at 7.

I'll send you our address to your email.

Love,
Mohana

Anonymous said...

not too long after i began at fuller, a couple moved from oklahoma (not sure exactly where) to start fuller. the wife and i were talking and it came up i was from alabama and the city of montgomery. she then said, "there are cities in alabama?" to which i replied "are there cities in oklahoma?" "of course," she said. "then, likewise, i would say there are cities in alabama. i believe there are cities in every state" was my final comment to her ignorance.
so, brooke, just to calm your fears, there ARE cities in oklahoma...i hope you guys enjoy the move. i am praying for the transition!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground