it's saturday

Saturday, May 05, 2007

a lovely morning out here on the porch swing. it looks like rain, which is nice. we need some rain. I had my second surgery in 6 weeks yesterday. This was much smoother. I mostly slept and watched the rest of season 2 of the OC. Season 2 was a bit shady, darker, more sad. Also, is anyone watching LOST out there? What in the world is going on with THAT show?

I did alot of internet perusing yesterday and happened upon this blog. It's a girly type blog with loads of crafty/design ideas. She is pretty cool, and not tooo mom-ish- if you are into those type of blogs you know what I mean. Some women engage in a level of domesticity that is overwhelming to me and a little over the top. I am not a mom yet, but I know myself well enough to know that my kids will not always have organic bla bla bla for snacks, and three art projects a day, and home-made toys. I also don't think I will shop at four different stores finding the best deals on tooth paste. My kids will be "well rounded"...which means, they will occasionally eat hot dogs, watch videos and eat ice cream.

I think that covers my incredibly lazy day of recovery. I plan to get outside today, clear my head, and eat something organic- because I represent the the kind of woman who loves WHOLE FOODs and MILOS.

so there.

****addendum: For the record, I prefer organic snacks, like home-made toys, and am always up for a bargain, even on toothpaste. I just can't be that GOOD all the TIME. that's all, in case I offended anyone:)

3 comments :

M. Stewart said...

We watched season 1 of the OC on DVD, but haven't picked up season 2 yet. I'd like to watch Lost, but I need to catch up from the beginning. :0/

Anyhow, I hope that yesterday went well for y'all. We're praying for you.

Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

Thanks for the lovely review of my blog. I'm glad you liked it. I hope you'll come back this week. I've got lots of gorgeous prizes up for grabs. Today, it's accessories, dresses and custom linens.

For an even less mommyish blog that's way-super-cool, check out my sister's blog, called Oh Happy Day.

Gabrielle of Design Mom said...

And I hope your recovery is 100% successful.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground