for a fews hours, all was right in the world

Saturday, April 28, 2007

last saturday was beautiful here. i mean, soul-cleansing beautiful. at some point I looked at josh and said, I am so happy today. he said, "me, too"...and we were both like, "huh..."

so the day continued in flower planting and haning our PORCH swing- which has been utter delight for an entire week now. it felt so good to be outside, hands in dirt.

the night before we went to a party for some friends who were getting married. we laid on hammocks and drank japanese beer and ate sushi and laughed. there was some peace, shalom.

I know one day this season of life will make more sense. This season, where there were more questions than answers. when the brick wall bruised me one to many times. when prayers were scant. frustrations high. I think God gave josh and I a break from it all last weekend. He gave us peace for a fleeting moment. It makes us brave for the next thing- because there is always a next thing.

i used to think I had alot of answers. i used to think there were very particular ways to act, communicate, that believing in Jesus looked a certain way. I am pretty sure I thought I was better than most people. I am sorry for that.

this year has changed me, and if took this year, this hell of a year...then, I am thankful. I think i love people better now. I am on the slow road to redemption, too.

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

This is good, brooke. and beautiful to read. sometime i'll tell you about my hard year....

oh, and i will be in b'ham over memorial day weekend.... i'll keep you posted, if you're going to be in town that weekend.

Brooke Jared said...

keep me posted, and thank you. is ellie here yet?

Anonymous said...

she is there. she drove up on wed. she's in an apt. on 29th street south, i think, off of highlands ave. you may see her tonight at church, altho' i can't remember what service she is going to.

Tirzah said...

Brooke I called last night but couldnt get through on either line. We will be coming through B-ham on the 13th and would love to see you two for just a bit.TR

Brooke Jared said...

Tirzah!

I would love to see you guys. I will be home tonite... I was working late last nite...

Anonymous said...

i like the new layout! pretty! :)

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground