the cherry on top of the cherry.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Well, I  might as well keep documenting this week- this is totally for Millie's own amusement when she reads this one day....

So yesterday, after another long night, I just had that feeling that the antibiotics from that urgent care visit were not worth anything. It was a 5-day z-pack which is not really the recommended drug for ear infections, which I even told the doc- but whatever, his pride wouldn't let him prescribe the augmenten which is the only thing that has worked in the past. So irritating!!!! Why did I even bother going?

So, long story short, we ended up back at the dr yesterday. Both ears, STILL infected, and one eardrum ruptured. Seriously, Could this child have a more pitiful week? She was in so much pain yesterday and last night, she just shook. It broke my heart.

Thankfully, the wonderful pediatrician loaded us up with antibiotics and pain killer, and today, she seems really well. She still complains when it gets to be re-dosing time, but anyway.  life is looking up again.

I haven't caught up, but when does a mom ever, really?

Sorry to bore you with the mundane. This is pretty much my baby book, diary, and creative writing outlet all in one, so you know- it is what it is!


4 comments :

Susan said...

I read this post yesterday, so TODAY when we went to the pediatrician and got Azithromycin for ear infections, I grilled the pharmacist about it. I can't say it was a very satisfactory answer other than it has to do with treatment time. I wonder if there is some new study or something floating around about that because I swear when they were smaller, we got amoxicillin. (I'm crossing my fingers.)

Brooke Jared said...

I think the azithromycin and amox. are "first" line antibiotics- but amox is 10 days vs. 5. So, who knows, but I did ask my ped about it and she said it does work, but for persistent, antibiotic resistant types, you have to go stronger. If this had been our first rodeo, I wouldn't have thought anything about it, but I knew we needed something else:) hopefully it works for your kiddos!!! I am sure it will!

Susan said...

Well, that makes sense because C & B haven't had many antibiotics or ear infections. I hope your little one is doing so much better today, too. If you still lived down the street, I would so love to take those kids off your hands for an afternoon. That would be fun. :-)

Susan said...

Well, that makes sense because C & B haven't had many antibiotics or ear infections. I hope your little one is doing so much better today, too. If you still lived down the street, I would so love to take those kids off your hands for an afternoon. That would be fun. :-)

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground