growing up. snapshots.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

In between the fevers, and the ear aches, the stitches. the whining and the tantrums.

I hear, "I love you, mommy".

a spontaneous, "I love you".

they are screaming, and we've been running around all day. It's time for Mass. I really just want to lay down.

but I'm hungry.

We wrangle, and find shoes. load up. drop off.

My fingers find the water. The cross forming over my head. my heart.

"You belong to God". This motion. This sign. to make me remember.

It's quiet. We kneel before Jesus. the candle is lit. He's there. in the box. so they say.

I can't get my mind around it, but I kneel.

"you belong to God". This motion. Knees on cushion. to make me remember.

The next hour ebbs and flows. I say the words.

"I am not worthy, that you should enter under my roof, but only say the words and my soul shall be healed"

and every week, it feels like it is.











No comments :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground