oh, july. nice to see you go. August, you can head on out, too.

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Summer has been a rough patch for me. Maybe because life slows down, the routines are off, and I get to see up close the things I still really miss. Like my dear friends. Familiar landscapes. The ocean. My family.

Likewise, on our 4th Summer here, and my first without being pregnant or having a baby, has felt more like home than not, as life here makes  itself known to us.

Millie's baptism was a reminder of God's faithfulness to us, indeed, as we were surrounded by people who have chosen to love us, walk with us, and live life with us here in Oklahoma. It is hard to not focus on what was not there, though- that big gaping hole, that part of my heart that feels like it got left behind.

My family. My old friends. My people.

I remember someone writing in a book for us, when we left St. Louis. "See you at the Great Feast". I remember thinking that was so glim.

I don't feel that way anymore.

I look forward to a day when we shall all be together.

I wish people were talking about THAT day, and not Chick fil a, and or whatever kind of theological squabble is trending this week.

Annie says all of the time. "I want to give Jejus (jesus) a hug". How beautiful.

I pray for a heart that wants that, too.



No comments :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground