it's quiet, in between baby tears and toddler demands.
I do not let them overcome me. this morning, anyway.
Instead I tune my ears to the rain, and the rest is background noise.
I think about the rain, how it makes things green. makes us slow down. watch our steps.
my dear friend drove through Oklahoma the other night. the conversation was so good- and I am reminded of how much we need those conversations.
years pass between us, but the roots are deep and wide. wide enough to contain a continent.
Fitting for it to rain this morning, watering those roots, giving them more drink to sustain the long years it may be until we meet again.
Living in Oklahoma, I feel this way about so many people whose presences are few and far between.
I pray for the rain.
to water them so we survive the distance.
1 comment :
Yay! It was seriously such a good visit for us! I wish we could have stayed longer. It's so great to have friendships that truly make four years feel like days. (Of course, blogs help, but still...) Tulsa was amazingly refreshing for us, so I echo your thankfulness for rain!
PS, it was so refreshing we drove all the way to Albuquerque last night, and drove in to Long Beach tonight. :)
Post a Comment