About two days ago, Annie decided she would quit using her words. That is, quit on her whim. There has been lots of pointing and mumbling. and a VERY strong commitment on her end to outlast us. This morning, as I was literally in tears at her refusal to use words, I told Josh- I just don't get the benefit on her end. What does she gain?
Josh basically said for me not to try and understand it. she's 2. and extremely willful.
My dad told me to brush her off, whistle while I work so to speak, and let her know I would be happy to help her when she speaks in words I can understand.
And she CAN still use her words. Last night after feeling like I was about to lose the few marbles I have left, I decided to open the back door and let her blow off some steam or frustration- the door opened and she magically started speaking again. A few minutes later, she and josh were doing something, and josh needed some water and she walked over to the hose to hand it to Josh. Josh said- "Annie, you are SO smart".
She grinned and replied " I SMART!!!"
ugh. she is too smart for her own good.
parenting is hard.
1 comment :
all excellent advice. Persevere. One day she will be your best friend!
Post a Comment