opinions, questions, this and that....

Monday, May 16, 2011

ok- Anne Curry as the new Today Show host? I like Anne- she seems really compassionate, down to earth, etc...but that role seems to need something fresh- a bit more personality, maybe? I've watched the Today show for a long time- I don't know- maybe she'll surprise us. I just don't love how she interviews. I would have put my vote in for Campbell Brown. I loved her when she was on weekend Today- and she is very news savvy and fun. Why didn't they ask me????

Potty training? anyone have a good book/method? Annie doesn't really seem ready to me, but again, I am willing to be surprised....chime in.

have you guys heard of pinterest.com? I love this site. A great place to bookmark your favorite sites- kind of a like a social networking site for your favorite things....go check it out!

Not having much luck with Amelia sleeping during the day. lots of catnaps, but nothing real substantial. She's only 3 months, and it seems like Annie was a little bit older before we really settled into any kind of consistent nap pattern. I am tempted to just role with it, but then I know the structure is good. Sometimes I wish I was more together....

well- baby is crying, and I am pooped.


2 comments :

The Davis Family said...

we tried the m & m when you go potty trick, but she just wanted to sit on the potty to get a treat. so we changed it to you get a prize when you are dry. so every 30 mins or so i would check and if she was dry, she would get an m&m/skittle. pretty soon she was telling us when she needed to go so she would still be dry when i checked again. she also got two skittles/m&m when she actually went.once we started that, it was a few days. hope it helps

Courtney said...

Yes...We put them in training underwear (the thick kind) and rewarded/made a HUGE deal of dry underwear. I just did Caleb and it took about a week for him to figure it out but he is young. I also give a treat (2 skittles) for a successful tee-tee and 2 skittles for a successful poop until they get the hang of it. My doctor says that at first they do need lots of praise for being "brave" when they get on the potty and try but not too much so it doesn't overshadow the others. Hopefully it will go well...Don't give up; I won't lie it can be hard but have heard many times the worst thing you can do is stop and restart later.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground