For some reasons beyond any hope I could have mustered up, the sickness and fatigue seem to have lifted. It's not ALL gone, but I was out of bed ALL day today, and even cleaned the kitchen. The fog of the past 5 weeks has been so depleting, and I just feel so thankful that I am rounding some kind of corner.
We got to see baby jared #2 this past Friday. Dr. B couldn't find the heartbeat, so we got to have another ultrasound. Baby #2 was WILD doing kinds of karate moves and acrobatics. I was really happy to see just an active little soul.
I don't think anyone could have prepared me for how hard this having babies, raising toddlers phase of life is. I am sure there are folks out there who do this with more ease and natural ability. I find it to be humbling work.
On another note, I just watched Extreme Makeover Home Edition and cried throughout the entire thing. I find these people's stories so inspiring. Perspective is good.
Well, I am off to sleep. yeah, it's 8pm.
2 comments :
First of all, I'm happy to hear that your nausea and fatigue have lifted. I hope it continues.
Secondly, the whole toddler and baby thing is EXTREMELY hard, and I, too, have found it quite humbling. We have a new little one (Eleanor), and although it's so much fun, it.is.so.hard.
Love from the 'Ham: Kristen
Have faith that there are many of us mommies out there who struggle with this whole parenting thing, too. :)
thanks kristen! wish I were closer so we could struggle together. I think moving in this phase of life has been super challenging, too. Just hard to invest in new relationships- miss birmingham in more ways than one.
Post a Comment