settling in

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

we've been lazy here this week.

getting over the shock of travel. man, we were beat down.

My body has seemed to settle down today. After an unfortunate wake up call to the porcelain god, one zofran, one zantac later, I feel much better. almost human.

this, oddly, makes me hopeful.

my doctor's appt. got postponed until tomorrow. This whole pregnancy is so odd, I mean to not have any of this even confirmed. It's oddly made me less anxious.

I was able to free up enough space in my mind to read an entire page of a book today. I feel my heart longing for refreshment and rebirth- and yet this sluggishness and exhaustion that has taken over me, makes it seem impossible to have any kind of thought, much less a new, refreshing one.

I also feel this overwhelming sense that I am falling short with Annie. She so deserves my time and attention, and yet I find the task to be overwhelming sometimes. The Summer heat doesn't help. I long for Fall and Spring. Where the outdoors welcome us more sweetly.

Annie is 1 year and 1/2? When did this happen? She is starting to really talk a lot. Saying all kinds of phrases. Some are not easily translatable, but they are cute none the less. My current favorite is "all done!", wherein she uses the classic "talk to the hand" maneuver. It's hilarious. She is very theatrical, that girl.

gotta go.

No comments :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground