84 things

Tuesday, July 20, 2010


inspired by jorja over here:

1. the older I get, the less I care about being right.
2. I have listened to sad, melancholy music all of my life.
3. I secretly like chick lit.
4. I openly like romantic comedies.
5. I love independent film.
6. St. Louis feels like the place I became me. It was beautiful and hard. really hard.
7. Tulsa feels like the place I fight to be me.
8. Birmingham feels like home.
9. Macon feels like childhood, one I am fond of.
10. I love to swim.
11. I am not organized at all.
12. I long to be organized.
13. I prefer cozy over bright sunlit rooms.
14. My husband thinks I am a vampire.
15. I sometimes wonder if I am beyond God's mercy.
16. I sometimes am utterly sure of God's love.
17. Structure makes me crazy.
18. I typically do better with structure, even though I inwardly rebel.
19. I usually buy at least 2 of something if I like it.
20. I don't like to be bothered when I shop.
21. In my ideal world, I would live on the coast.
22. In my ideal world, I would be anglican.
23. being pregnant makes me sick. really sick.
24. this will be my last baby.
25. my daughter will probably be bald the rest of her life, and I have yet to really come to terms with that.
25. I hate the fall and all of its curses.
26. however, I love the season of Fall, and wish it were here right now.
27. I could live in a commune- with reasonable boundaries.
28. I am more liberal than conservative. see #1.
29. I mostly think people have enough crap in there own lives, that beyond love, folks should generally mind there own business.
30. I have learned #29 the hard way, on numerous occasions.
31. I don't really like museums, but want people to think that I do.
32. I love coffee, but not right now.
33. I am utterly thankful to have some of the most beautiful friends, all over the country.
34. I wish they would move here.
35. I don't know why they would.
36. I do not use coupons, even though I probably should.
37. I really need a vacation. like a real one.
38. I'll choose hanging out just about over anything.
39. I love christmas lights.
40. and hamburgers.
42. I usually wear one pair of earrings until I lose one of them. then I buy a new pair.
43. I pay too much to get my hair cut.
44. I am starting to understand what people meant when they said to enjoy being single.
45. I love my life, my husband, and my baby (ies). but life is full and hard on most days. see #37.
46. I have a job that I actually like.
47. I used to write a lot of bad poetry.
48. I have lost a dear high school friend in a major commercial airplane crash. There were no survivors.
49. I have learned that gut feelings are usually right.
50. I often wash colors and whites together.
51. I am not very particular (See#50)
52. I secretly love office supplies, though I have never worked in an office.
53. I love the smell of new books.
54. I love technology.
55. I want an Ipad AND a kindle.
56. my level of wants often makes me feel like #15.
57. I value honesty.
58. Rules make me weary.
59. I believe wholeheartedly in living a sacramental life.
60. I am still trying to figure out what that means.
61. I think pastors should talk less in worship.
62. I am a cynic when it comes to politics.
63. I think sarah palin is a joke.
64. I go to bed early.
65. I rise early.
66. I like long walks.
67. sometimes I am scared what the day will bring.
68. my 2nd child is due feb 21
69. I love my grandmother.
70. I went to seminary but did not graduate.
71. I am pretty sure I will regret that.
72. I love food.
73. I should probably eat less of it.
74. I don't wear high heels. ever.
75. I might if I were skinnier.
76. I am sporty, but not outdoorsy.
77. my husband has made this distinction based on the fact that I do not know how to identify a flea.
78. I could have been a decent athlete with some discipline and coaching.
79. but not a runner.
80. crowds annoy me.
81. small talk annoys me more.
82. I love memoirs.
83. I am almost done with this list.
84. I just made pizza dough.

2 comments :

Jackie Fogas said...

Brooksie... I love you, friend! Reading this list just warms my heart and makes me smile. Wish we could go on a long walk and then come back and drink whatever beverage sounds appealing to you as coffee currently does not. :-)

Ashley said...

Hear, hear Jackie! Brooke, you made me laugh out loud several times, to which Andrew responded with, "What now?" I love and miss you friend, and am praying this nausea leaves you soon! By the way, Andrew thinks I'm a vampire too : )

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground