"And Then She Found Me"- Best movie of 2008. Beautiful and Intense- have your kleenex.
"The Visitor"- also a good movie for 2008
Netflix users can now "watch instantly" on your MACS. Been watching alot of "The Office".
The Bachelor was really awful last night. I read a hysterical review here.
Should have put the Christmas stuff up today, but I napped instead.
When do mothers eat?
I need some opinions on somethings....
off brand wipes? Any suggestions?
anyone use off brand diapers? not sure if its worth it, but thought I would ask.
any formula people out there? Due to traumatic first three weeks of life for daughter and mother, annie is getting bottles (with a dwindling amount of breast milk)- I hear SAMS formula is a good alternative, but I am little protective.
13 comments :
I have always LOVED the Target wipes.
Favorite diapers are Wal-Mart and Target brands. Wal-Mart for when Carter was little and Target now that's he's older... and because I somehow end up in Target so much during the week.
Hope you're doing well!
I have also loved Target wipes. Luvs worked the best for us cost wise, anything cheaper had too many blowouts.
When Gabriella started on formula, we used up lots of the variety samples we had. She did like the Enfamil their "closest to breast milk" formula. And after the samples were gone, we started using the huge containers from Sam's...she's done great with that, and the price is much better. If you look at the ingredient list, it matches Enfamil (though Sam's has a definite powder consistecy vs. very fine "sand" of Enafamil, which did make measuring with one hand a breeze.)
Hey Brooke - We used Sams brand diapers (back then they were called smiles. not sure what they are called now). I was a sole Huggies user until I found the Sam's brand. As for formula, when I asked around for jake I got a big response for Costo brand (kirkland's i think). We ended up having to put him on Alimentum (the WAY expensive stuff) so I don't have personal experience w/costo. Actually, when I weaned Neily at 4 months my pediatrician here said he liked Walmart brand the best over and name brand. Hope this helps some.
Hope you have a good afternoon!
Hey, Brooke. We bought everything for lily at Costco. Although I have to admit that I buy the Huggies wipes and diapers there. I love Huggies wipes. They are thick and wet and come out of the container super easily. So, I know, compared to the Costco wipes, Huggies are better. My opinion, of course.
the other good thing about Costco is that you get a ton and you don't have to go shopping much.
However, if Walgreens is having a bonzo diaper sale, I love their premium brand. Sometimes with coupons they're super cheap.
We always used the Costco brand formula. It was half as expensive as the name brands, and they had the same makeup as Similac. Lily never seemed to care at all.
I hope this week is going well. Wish we could take our girls out for a walk together...I'm thinking Tucson temps, I guess.
I love CVS Soft Cloths Supreme (unscented) and have found that they're the gentlest wipes ever - better than any other brand I've tried on Waits's super-sensitive skin. And they don't tear easily like some other brands, and I really like the dispensers. They're cheap to begin with, but then if you get a CVS card, with coupons you can save about $4/month on 'em.
We used Parent's Choice formula (Walmart brand). They also make an organic one.
We've used the unscented Wal-mart wipes before--Parents' Choice, I think--and they're good. Right now we're using the Costco brand. They're a little softer.
For diapers--I buy the CVS ones (Plushies) sometimes when they're on sale and I have a coupon. They're good quality. I like Luvs, too, and you can get coupons for those.
C. only gets one bottle a day (now that she's eating SO much, I can't keep up at night) but I really like the Enfamil Lipil. Your pediatrician can give you free samples if you ask. But HOLY MOLEY. I don't think we could do it if we had to give her 6 bottles a day.
And if it is worth it to you (and no judgement if it isn't) you can get your milk supply up and start nursing. It was really really hard for me after C. had all those bottles in the NICU, but it worked out. I had to see a lactation consultant twice and I just kind of breast fed her and ate for about a week until she got it down. Just don't give up if it isn't what you want to do. You can also take a course of Reglan to up your prolactin levels.
Sorry if that's TMI.
love the walmart brand. they have been great for me in all sizes- the diapers...i am not a diaper or wipes snob so i use pretty much anything, but you could've probably guessed that! :)
it's been too long since i've done formula...i am sure i will be asking you here in about 3 mths.
Used Enfamil with Hill, also only used Pampers with Hill. Used Sams brand formula with Rett, and ANY kind of generic diapers or wipes that might be at said store when I am there. Rett is just as healthy & happy as Hill was at this age.
I agree with Suzanne, after trying just about everything I decided that Wal-Mart brand was the way to go for girls and boys. I also use Sam's wipes.
I know nothing about formula though. Sorry! IF you do want to get your milk supply up you need to stay away from lots of milk or it might be oj right now I can't remember but I know it is one of the two. If not I would sample several different kinds and see what Annie likes best.
A few notes on nipple chaffing:
Using good old fashion Vaseline is the way to go. It's thick, cheap and has been around since the 50's so it is proven.
I agree with Maria about Huggies wipes. I found them to be thicker and gentler on my sensitive bits than the generic brand products.
Comparing all the formulas I would have to go with Enfamil, though it's pricey, as the best to blend with Hershey's Syrup. It's the best chocolate milk taken through a nipple, bar none!
Hope this was helpful and wish I had advice on keeping the milk flow up but I had a falling out with my lactation coach about setting goals.
Keep the faith.
thanks kevin, I'll never be the same:)
Post a Comment