home alone

Monday, January 05, 2009


Josh went back to work today, so it was me and kiddo. She hasn't slept all day, until now- but she is sleeping all night between feedings, so no complaining here. I imagine she will find her daytime naps eventually, but I am happy to have figured out the nights, first. Of course, I have most likely have spoken too soon, out of turn, etc... but one can hope.

I seem to have healed from the latest sickness. I finally caught Josh's sinus infection, but as my father in law said this week- I would rather have surgery than a stomach virus- I agree, and add to that list various other illnesses and conditions- including a cold, maybe even being pregnant:) And let me clarify- stomach virus and pregnant sickness are totally different. When you are pregnant, you can throw up, and immediately eat a steak dinner:) The stomach bug is just an ugly monster that makes you wonder if you will ever trust food again. Anyway, enough said...

The little Annie seems to have caught a little cold, too, which makes bottle feeding a bit interesting. She has gotten choked up more than one time today which made me jump so quick, you think I had let her eat a piece of chicken. She was fine- it was the mother who freaked out. She just grinned, like "made you look".

Ah, I promise this blog is not going to turn into the Tales of spit up and poop. It's just if I try to write what I really feel, it gets too sappy and I feel like I am drowning in my words. I am really trying to just stay in the moments, you know. It's hard to get it wrapped around my head, that taking care of this little one at this stage, involves a lot of holding, diaper changing, making up songs, taking really fast showers, learning how to type with one hand, thinking of all the things I need to do  and doing none of them...

That's ok, though. Thank God for the internets:)




2 comments :

Jackie Fogas said...

Brooke, these pictures are great...Annie is so cute! Glad to hear you're recovering. We all got the stomach bug too...right up to Christmas day. Hope you weren't too lonely today. That by yourself with a newborn thing is quite an adjustment!

Suzanne Owen Jones said...

those are precious.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground