one month in.

Monday, January 19, 2009

one month in:

  • Annie sleeps mostly through the night. I get up once, between 12 and 2. Annie- you rock, little one.
  • She smiles, mostly still unknowingly, but cute nonetheless.
  • We often walk by her, sleeping, and say- Annie is the cutest baby ever.
  • Her hair is amazing. Rock stars use some serious product to get their hair to stand the way hers does. I love it. And it only keeps getting more amazing and rock star-ish.
  • She has the brightest eyes. Babies take some time to wake up- but she has been bright eyed from her first few days of life. She gazes in what seems like wonderment, whenever she is awake.
  • Josh wants to call her Scout- she has that look about her.
  • She may look like Josh, but she got her mama's lungs. She can wail. Spirited, I say.
  • And the cheeks, I mean- I just can't get enough of them.

me, a month in:

  • Getting stronger. Starting to feel like me again.
  • Tired, but not as tired as I thought I would be.
  • Watching lots of  "The Office" with Josh- We're halfway through Season 2. Love me some Dwight.
  • Lots of internet engagement. I'll be glad when the weather warms up and we can get outside. I need some distance from Facebook:)
  • Eating way too many sweets. Last week, I declared it was "making up for lost time week"- I decided I would let myself indulge in all the sweets that had invaded my house without guilt- given I did not have one decent craving my entire pregnancy. I thoroughly enjoyed every bite- but now I have to detox, and well, that's no fun. I have eaten a lot of salad the past few days (and the rest of the cookies:)
  • I am seriously considering not buying the converter box for our TV. I have had the TV off for several days, and it's been nice. Josh and I do so much from our laptops- even the few TV shows I watch, I watch on the internet. I had enough morning TV to last me a decade during this pregnancy, and it's just the same crap over and over again, so I think I may be done. At least for now.
  • And drumroll...we were back in church this week. It was bittersweet. We are in such an in between place with "church"- this is a move almost in the complete opposite direction we are moving (in the suburbs, low liturgy, little to no observance of the Church Calendar); but there is a community of folks in our area- who are wanting to live in "community" with each other- and we need that and know how essential that is to our basic spiritual life. I don't understand it, but this is where are being led, at least for now, and I am just trying to have a heart that is yielding and not stubborn.



1 comment :

Suzanne Owen Jones said...

dreamt about yall last night, even annie and yall back at cg and us bike riding through Oklahoma (HA). annie had a blond bob cut..a little baby with a bob. needless to say she looked odd in my dream and i am glad to see she still has the rocker's look going for her. love the cheeks and scout.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground