so, others are sharing their little love story today. why not me?
One of the first times I saw Josh, he had a skull cap on, he was mowing the seminary's grass, and he had cool glasses. Josh was/is kind of a ninja. He has a way of appearing and disappearing without notice. He's there. He's not there. This is pretty much how it was for the first year of knowing him. I'd be at a party, there he would be. poof. gone. or vice versa. He wore alot of camouflage, too. Once, my friend Leslie was over at his apartment and found him in camo pants, wifebeater, lying on the floor drinking wine and eating fancy cheese. How could you NOT love that?
At any rate, mostly Josh was mysterious, cute, and quiet. and totally not interested in me.
BUT, we drank coffee at the same place. and we just so happened to discover Walker Percy around the same time. So we talked about bookish things, I discovered his voice. And then, it started, like all good relationships do, with a long drive.
Josh asked me for a ride to L'abri. We were both going for a week, his truck was really old, etc...
A week later, I dropped him off, and he called me 30 minutes later and asked if we could date.
Three months later, on christmas day, in a catholic church, He asked me to marry him. 5 months later we were married. Almost 4 years later, I can't imagine life not knowing him, which is a good thing to feel when you are married:)
Love you josh-
4 comments :
What a great story. You tell it so well, could I hire you to tell the Leslie/Kevin story? Also, i vouch that taking that truck anywhere was not a great idea. Many roadside repairs, many.
i kinda got teary reading that. i, of course, adore josh, but seeing him through your eyes is pretty special!
thanks for sharing your love story. I never heard how you two met. Yours sounds more romantic than mine... break up, get back together, break up, get back together. I love you. I love you, too. Okay, let's get married!
That pretty much sums up mine :)
Can't wait to meet your guy someday.
man, i did not remember that you only dated 3 months. that is crazy. and this was really fun to read. :) love you both.
Post a Comment