pilgrim days

Saturday, August 20, 2005

It's hot as you know what here, and the journey towards a cooler day seems almost unknowable. I am weary of this southern summer, I knew I would be. I miss the rhythms of my old life. I miss Delmar and my hidden path to the loop.I miss the things I knew and the things that knew me. I miss my friends and the church and the jewish people that walked on Saturday. I miss dominos. I think I am allowed to be sad about these things, and it is important for me to say that I am, in fact, sad about leaving St Louis. I do have a dog though, and a very cute husband, who makes me laugh all the time.

Some of Josh's observations of the South.

Josh says...."People here put the prefix 're' in the wrong places"

I say..." What to you mean?"

Josh says "For example...I took Welsie(dog) out to pee an hour ago, but I think I need to re-take her out again"

I laugh. It does sound dumb.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

The little grammatical errors feel like home to me. I guess I missed the South more than I thought.
--DB

Anonymous said...

Observing the Jewish Sabbath walks - I would miss that too. My Saturday errands always seem so trite when I pass by.

I miss you, Brooke.
--Maria

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground