A Day Off

Thursday, August 11, 2005

I am breathing easier this morning because I have a day off. I have spent the last three years working at most three days a week. Being a nurse has its perks, and days off is one of them. However, since I have been here in Birmingham, I have been working everyday... mostly to "facilitate" my orientation process. I hate being the "trainee", especially in a field in which I have 7 years of experience. I was venting my frustration to a friend to which she replied..."think about how Jesus felt...he created the whole place". Ummm...she had a point.

Not much on the docket today. I plan on bathing the dog, she smells just ever so doggish. I also plan on going to Barnes and Noble and reading whatever I want. I don't have any places yet to call my own. No Meshugga and the community I would surely see on any given day. But this is ok, I will find new loafing graduate students to mingle with on weekday mornings(these are the only kind who get to do such things), unless you are a cool mom like tirzah.

more later, brooke

No comments :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground