drunkard's prayer

Sunday, August 28, 2005

I bought Over the Rhine's new album on itune's last night, "Drunkard's prayer". It is very good. It is thick with personal story. The title track, of course, made me cry this morning as I was mopping the floor.

"Your my water, your my wine, your my whisky..from time to time"

our prayers are like this aren't they? Sometime's I crave it like water. Sometimes I indulge in it like wine, and then sometimes I drown in it, like whisky, all wasted from the brokeness of trying to live my life in a meaningful way. I think Karin (singer) knows this, too. It is a really beautiful song. Buy it off itune's for 99 cents. it's worth it....or the whole album for 9.99, it's also worth it.

1 comment :

Tirzah said...

Brooksie when is a good time to call. I either get constent rings on the home phone and 'this costumer is not available' .I want to say hello.

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground