meshugga, community, and me

Friday, October 15, 2004

Well, I must admit that I have been a bit on the serious side since I started this site. I need to ask my mom if she listened to Simon and Garfunkel alot when I was in the womb. I have always had meloncholy running through my bones. This is perhaps why I have made friends with people like celeste. She is a human fraggle.( For those who don't know what a fraggle is...) As I was skipping class this morning and enjoying a cup of coffee, I was thinking about friends, community, and why the same people always come to Meshuggas( my coffee spot). I was thinking that making friends is hard. But I still want friends as do the people who were drinking coffee with me this morning. I think we go to Meshuggas because Patrick knows our name and lets us pay when we are ready. He lets us read his paper and he will even talk to us if we want to talk. I know that I am not saying anything new- but it just reminds me how I am like the strangers among me. This got me thinking about celeste because she innately knows this and is unafraid of friendship. Perhaps she saw this in me( that I was not so strange) and knew I needed her friendship. I think Jesus knew we needed friends, too. Isn't it interesting how Jesus demonstrated the way he wanted to be remembered. Around the table, with bread and wine...and friends. Perhaps we should be eating together more often.
brooke

No comments :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground