We drove home in sleet, from our little spring break getaway. It was a getaway, but it was cold. SO TIRED OF COLD!!!!
BUT, spent some much needed time with my sister and mom, and the littles all running around everywhere. It was chaos, but the kind that is mostly sweet. and exhausting.
Beach vacations where you read and sip drinks are for when the kids are grown or more grown than mine. For now, it is chaos. and it's supposed to be. sweet, exhausting chaos.
I feel like the writing has been a bit dull around loveintheruins. Winter starts to feel like a cave one might never escape- which is why I am so thankful the last two weeks have been spent with family. My kids are grateful. I am grateful.
Holy week starts this Sunday, and it's hard to believe that its been one year since we wandered our way into the Catholic Church.
I wish I could say its been all that I had dreamed, but though the peace remains, the pilgrimage that seems to characterize all of our days in Tulsa, still remains.
Tulsa, my refiners fire.
This year I lost two very dear friends to TEXAS. Oh Texas, I have words for you.
But the story keeps moving, the pages keep turning, new chapters pop up when the one I am in seems to never end.
It is fitting that I enter Holy Week with this ragged feeling in my gut.
The short temper. The sighs. The impatience.
The cross is where all that finds reconciliation. and hope.
where all sad things come untrue (lord of the rings reference)- or at least the promise of that is paid for.
For now, it's Friday. Spring break. It's raining, and we won't even see 50 degrees today.
That's ok, we'll hunker down.
As they say, " it's friday now, but sunday's a comin"
1 comment :
You know I have to comment. Texas draws people because it's a *great state* (said the Oklahoman). Come on down. You'll like it, too. :)
Post a Comment