lent, and spring peaking through

Monday, March 04, 2013

It's been quiet and kind of boring around here the past few weeks. It's been cold, for one, which has almost sent me to crazy house a few times. Small kids and coughs and cold weather make for lots of indoor time and blue's clues.

That, coupled with our lenten fasting of meat (for josh) and sweets (for me) has made for lots of down time with no comfort food! Which is good, actually, as it seems to suit its purpose.

I have actually never practiced lent in the fasting sense, and not sure that it should really even be talked about (that whole, fasting in secret, brush your hair, etc part in the gospels...) I imagine that its because fasting should never be a source of pride, but more of private practice, not drawing attention to it. I get that, but I'll be first to say- I need me a brownie!!!

Seriously, though, its been a good practice, and maybe I will gather some thoughts about that sooner than later.

I mostly just wanted to check in. Happy Monday.




2 comments :

Susan said...

Ha! Are you fasting the whole time, or are Sundays feast days for you? Sundays are feast days here, and I ate almost nothing but biscuits yesterday to make up for my no-bread-eating week. :) On a different note, I just read a great essay on arts and the church by a catholic woman from LA that I'm going to try to send you.

Brooke Jared said...

susan- we are not practicing the feast days, but I am not sure why!?! need to talk to josh about this! and yes, please send me the article!

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground