the wisdom of a child, broken trees.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Today Annie was looking out the window, and said. 

"God doesn't like the trees with no leaves. The trees are broken and have no leaves. It's a broken tree world".

I have never said a word to her about such a thing, but there was something deep down in her that knows that things are meant for life.

I use the word broken a lot, but I have actually guarded that word with Annie, trying to protect an unblemished world for her as long as I can. Some may say that is stupid, but these days, where the unseen seems so real to her, I pray will aid her down the road when the world is all too real. I pray she will lean into that time when the unseen was just as the real as the seen. She won't have such a difficult time hanging on to a God that she can't see.

And yet, her little soul. Her little cheerful, song filled soul looks at the trees with their bare branches, and knows.

the wisdom of a child.

No comments :

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground